It Is The Policy
- To direct SHADOW CSR Programmes, inter alia, towards achieving one or more of the following - enhancing environmental and natural capital; supporting rural development; promoting education; providing preventive healthcare, providing sanitation and drinking water; creating livelihoods for people, especially those from disadvantaged sections of society, in rural and urban India; preserving and promoting sports.
- To develop the required capability and self-reliance of beneficiaries at the grass roots, especially of women, in the belief that these are prerequisites for social and economic development.
- To engage in affirmative action interventions such as skill building and vocational training, to enhance employability and generate livelihoods for persons from disadvantaged sections of society.
- To pursue CSR Programmes primarily in areas that fall within the economic vicinity of the Company's operations to enable close supervision and ensure maximum development impact.
- To carry out CSR Programmes in relevant local areas to fulfil commitments arising from requests by government/regulatory authorities and to earmark amounts of monies towards "Enterprise Social Responsibility (ESR)" activities and to spend such monies through ESR/CSR Cells of such administrative bodies of the government and/or directly by way of developmental works in the local areas around which the Company operates.
- To provide equal opportunities to beneficiaries of the Company's CSR Programmes as vendors or employees on merit.
- To promote sustainability in partnership with industry associations, like the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) through the CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development, in order to have a multiplier impact.